Commendable
Jun 9, 2021
I want to overclock my 1050ti. SPECS:
Intel Core i5-6600K
Intel HD 530 (integrated)/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Asrock Z170 Pro4S
Spcc SSD (128gb)

Solution
I do not much like trying to overclock graphics cards.
They are binned, and the stronger chips are used in factory overclocked units which command a better price.
You could get lucky, but do not count on it.
The benefits are minimal, and screwing around with voltages can permanently damage your card.

In normal times, I would suggest just to buy a stronger card, but such cards are all but impossible to find, let alone at anything less than 2x MSRP.

Do not take a chance on damaging a card that would be hard to replace.

OTOH, the 6600K and z170 motherboards are designed to be overclocked.
They are binned, and the stronger chips are used in factory overclocked units which command a better price.
The benefits are minimal, and screwing around with voltages can permanently damage your card.

In normal times, I would suggest just to buy a stronger card, but such cards are all but impossible to find, let alone at anything less than 2x MSRP.

Solution

oofnillas

Commendable
Jun 9, 2021

I only have $59

GameCrucnh

Commendable
Sep 24, 2020

I have heard a lot of the time that voltages cant really brick the card as manufacture locked them.

I've personally undervolted my 3080 and by looking at the voltage chart I couldnt go high enough to cause damage.

I guess if your trying you might be able to damage the GPU by raising the temp limit, disabling the fans and increase the voltage/power limit but you would have to be intentionally trying to damage your card for that.