[SOLVED] Can I have a 144hz primary monitor while having a 75hz secondary?

Oct 1, 2020
The secondary monitor would be used for youtube, game research ect while the other would be for games. So my question is can i get the 144hz as a primary while having a 75hz secondary or will there be a bottleneck

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
A bottleneck in a PC is when one thing limits and/or holds back the maximum potential of another component because of it's own limitations.

I don't see how in any way this is a thing when dealing with more than one monitor.

Unless you were thinking that for some reason having a second monitor plugged in with a lower refresh rate would somehow keep you from being able to enable the higher refresh rate on the main monitor, which it would not.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
A bottleneck in a PC is when one thing limits and/or holds back the maximum potential of another component because of it's own limitations.

I don't see how in any way this is a thing when dealing with more than one monitor.

Unless you were thinking that for some reason having a second monitor plugged in with a lower refresh rate would somehow keep you from being able to enable the higher refresh rate on the main monitor, which it would not.

Oct 1, 2020

Ok yeah I was thinking a 75 hz would make my 144hz go 75hz. Just started learning about refresh rates for fps games

ASK THE COMMUNITY