Can I have no pagefile on C: Drive, but have it only on another drive?

459pm

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I have two mechanical harddrives. I want to move the pagefile totally over to my other drive. When I do this it warns me I won't have memory dumps or something. Please explain =/

Solution
Yes, you can.

In Windows 7, Click the Windows Button, Right-click Computer, and select Properties. From there, Advanced System Settings on the left side. Under the Advanced Tab, Click the Settings Button under Performance, then click Advanced and lastly Change under Virtual Memory.

Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives, select your C Drive and check No Paging File, and add the Paging file to your other drive.

zAustin

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Yes, you can.

In Windows 7, Click the Windows Button, Right-click Computer, and select Properties. From there, Advanced System Settings on the left side. Under the Advanced Tab, Click the Settings Button under Performance, then click Advanced and lastly Change under Virtual Memory.

Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives, select your C Drive and check No Paging File, and add the Paging file to your other drive.

Solution