May 15, 2024
So I just build my pc and it worked well, I could run windows and other programs fine.
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600
Mobo:Msi b650 Gaming plus wifi
RAM:Crucial 32 gb kit DDR5-5600
Ct2k16g56c46u5
So I wanted to turn it on and it didn’t boot, not even to bios. The dram debug led was on and I couldn’t shut down the pc so I had to pull the power cord. When I want to turn it on then, it still doesn’t boot, the dram and cpu debug led are on but I can turn the pc off with the power button.
I tried a lot of things, like clearing cmos, resetting bios, reseating cpu and ram.
After removing the battery on the motherboard for some time and putting it back in, the pc starts and everything is fine, until I shut it down again when the cpu and ram debug leds are on. This loop continues and I am very frustrated.
Does anyone have an idea what I could do?

May 7, 2024
That is what is confusing me, there is nothing I can remember, I turned it off, when I wanted to start it the next day it didn’t work anymore
Any power surges in your area recently? Any other signs of other damaged electronics in the house? A common symptom I've found with motherboard failure is the whole thing where after everything is discharged it works fine but then after you shut it down the residual charges cause failure. If you try flushing residual power by disconnecting the PSU and holding the power button down then plugging it back it in does it boot?

You should try the usual things of breadboarding, stripping down to the minimum components, trying one stick at a time in different slots, etc. Your motherboard has a two-pin jumper labeled JBAT1 that you can short with a conductive material for 5-10 seconds while the computer is off and the PSU is unplugged to clear the BIOS memory.

Reactions: burningbb
May 15, 2024
I already cleared the bios memory multiple times, and I also tried one stick at a time, what is weird is that it worked when I removed the bios battery for 5 mins

May 15, 2024
Update: I tried a gpu in the main PCIe slot and the second one and the same gpu worked fine in the second slot, but I can only fit a one slot card

May 15, 2024
what psu you have and on hwinfo when system is running see if the voltages reading are in specs even the battery one also try only with 1 ram module at time for post .
I have the be quiet system power 10 750W
I already tried with one stick at a time, it works if I remove the mainboard battery and put it back in, but if I shut the pc down again, it doesn’t work

May 15, 2024
check battery voltage and power cable on board if there are all fully plug in it happens to me before from a loose cable .
i reseated the motherboard power cable and it was quite difficult, possible that I made a mistake while assembling so thanks already, later I will try the hwinfo but rn i am heading to sports so maybe in 2 hours

May 15, 2024
what psu you have and on hwinfo when system is running see if the voltages reading are in specs even the battery one also try only with 1 ram module at time for post .
I couldn’t find the voltage in hwinfo.
Can a multiple socket outlet cause a problem?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2024
hopefully someone comes up with something. I had a similar issue I use a 7 7800x3d + x670e tomahawk WiFi + Samsung 990 pro 1TB + 2x16gb team group t force Vulcan ddr5 6000 ram + rx6800 .

Worked fine in the morning, I turned off and went to work. ~8 hours later when I got home I turned pc on and all the lights and stuff turned on but monitor didn’t respond to pc. I turned monitor off/on and it didn’t sense the pc. Restarted that and still no communication between them.

Narrowed it down to one ram stick, if it’s in there’s no communication between pc and monitor but when I remove it everything works fine. I’ve tried the ‘non working one’ by itself in both slots and nothing and the working one is fine in both slots(slot 1 + 3). I can’t figure out what happened or anything I’ve tried resetting stuff clearing cmos but nothing so far.

Goodluck to you hopefully someone has a solution and maybe it’ll work for me too:) cause it’s very, very annoying.

Reactions: burningbb