Question Can I improve my Fan setup

Leon11

Commendable
Jun 9, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have an i7 4790K and a bit of a forced unorthodox fan setup for my cooler which is an Arctic freezer 13. View: https://imgur.com/a/jcY2gEk
IMPORTANT: I cannot move the position or orientation of the cooler in any way.

green is where my cpu and cooler are, red is where my graphic card is (nvdia geforce GTX 760) , yellow is where the ports on my motherboard are, blue are my fans and i showed the airflow with grey arrows. I also have two additional exhaust fans on top of the case. And the case is slightly longer than on this abstract drawing. The reason why my coolerblows sideways is because it is too bulky and would block my graphic card if i woudl turn it parallel to the other fans.
My current problem is that I have stress temp (testing it with Aida and Cpu-Z as well as SIV) over 80°C sometimes even over 90°C and i reapplied thermalpaste and remounted the cooler atleast 4 times. I also made sure everything is tightly fixed and I cleansed the case from dust. I think its because of how the airflow gets interrupted because of the sideways fan . I also though about maybe removing the very back exhaust fan to get a better airflow or reversing some of the other exhaust fans.

What do you think can I do to improve my current temp other than straight up buying a new cooler (liquid maybe as my case is relatively small)

Specs

CPU: i7 4790K
Cooler: Arctic Freezer 13
GPU: nvdia geforce GTX 760
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
RAM: 16GB

Last edited: