Question can i improve performance?

Sep 12, 2022
so i bought hp victus ryzen 7 6800H and rtx 3050ti variant with 8 gigs of 4800 mhz ram but i am not able to get the performance up to the mark i am getting 120-140 fps on games like valorant on high settings even if i lower down the settings fps doesn't improve soo is there anything i am missing ? i am a newbie in laptops pls help thankyou

You may have Vsync enabled, which is why you think your FPS is not improving. Your laptop has a 144hz monitor, meaning it can't display more than 144 FPS.
With Vsync enabled, your laptop will not render more frames than your monitor can display, because there is no point in doing so.

There's not much you can do with improving laptop performance, your best bet is to ensure that your drivers are updated, and to keep your components cool.
I would monitor your component temperature, an easy utility is MSI afterburner, though your laptop likely came with pre-installed software to do the same job.
Laptop cooling pads can really help, but don't bother unless your temperatures are too high.

Sep 12, 2022
You may have Vsync enabled, which is why you think your FPS is not improving. Your laptop has a 144hz monitor, meaning it can't display more than 144 FPS.
With Vsync enabled, your laptop will not render more frames than your monitor can display, because there is no point in doing so.

There's not much you can do with improving laptop performance, your best bet is to ensure that your drivers are updated, and to keep your components cool.
I would monitor your component temperature, an easy utility is MSI afterburner, though your laptop likely came with pre-installed software to do the same job.
Laptop cooling pads can really help, but don't bother unless your temperatures are too high.
I use laptop in ac and room temperature is generally around 18-20 celsius and laptop heats up pretty quickly but max temperature noted in my case is around 75 celsius

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Vsync, antialiasing and raytracing will be your biggest factors. If they are already lowered or off in game, take a look at your nvidia control panel settings and make sure they are not on in there as well, as it will override the game settings if they are. Or you could use gsync, if available.

Sep 12, 2022
Vsync, antialiasing and raytracing will be your biggest factors. If they are already lowered or off in game, take a look at your nvidia control panel settings and make sure they are not on in there as well, as it will override the game settings if they are. Or you could use gsync, if available.
idk why but in my nvidia control panel I can only see 3d settings

Vends

Reputable
Aug 25, 2020
I expect your RAM is 1x8gb and therefore single channel. Upgrading to dual channel (2x8gb or similar) could give a boost to gaming performance.
hey, I’m currently experiencing infuriating pain with my new laptop. It’s medion erazer p15805, has good specs with a 1660 TI yet can’t even run fortnite low settings smoothly, runs at around 60fps in Low with stutters every 5 seconds. Will buying another ram stick to make it dual channel substantially improve my laptop and fix my problem once and for all? When I see on YouTube it only gives a small boost of about 20%.

USAFRet

Titan
hey, I’m currently experiencing infuriating pain with my new laptop. It’s medion erazer p15805, has good specs with a 1660 TI yet can’t even run fortnite low settings smoothly, runs at around 60fps in Low with stutters every 5 seconds. Will buying another ram stick to make it dual channel substantially improve my laptop and fix my problem once and for all? When I see on YouTube it only gives a small boost of about 20%.
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation.

This relates to a whole different laptop.