Can I increase the memory clock on gpu tweak from 8008mhz to 9200 on max without issues? My cards a 1060 6gb GDDR5 Asus OC.

matt4231

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
Can I increase the memory clock on gpu tweak from 8008mhz to 9200 on max without issues? My cards a 1060 6gb GDDR5 Asus OC. Am I right in thinking maxing the gpu tweak software to 9200mhz won't make a difference to 8008 or if it does is is safe so go this high?

Solution
As above. I don't expect your card to OC any further than 8500mhz, however even going that far in one jump is a bad idea. Stick it at 8200, play some games and see if any glitches appear. Set it to 8300, alt tab back to game and continue, and keep going until you start seeing artifacts and glitches... then wind it back 75mhz and work in 25mhz increments etc etc

When you're about max, pull it back 10mhz for a saftey line, then turn on another few games to make sure it's not that your chosen test game is not using the memory bus 100% and allowing you to clock higher-than-stable... and so you can avoid crashes down the line from any game that does use 100%.

genz

Distinguished
As above. I don't expect your card to OC any further than 8500mhz, however even going that far in one jump is a bad idea. Stick it at 8200, play some games and see if any glitches appear. Set it to 8300, alt tab back to game and continue, and keep going until you start seeing artifacts and glitches... then wind it back 75mhz and work in 25mhz increments etc etc

When you're about max, pull it back 10mhz for a saftey line, then turn on another few games to make sure it's not that your chosen test game is not using the memory bus 100% and allowing you to clock higher-than-stable... and so you can avoid crashes down the line from any game that does use 100%.

Solution