Question Can I install choose to install the 32 bits version of a microsoft store app?

I Mess With Windows

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Hello.
I am a Minecraft Bedrock Edition player, and unless you have decent hardware, the game runs very poorly and a lot of input lag appears.
This is due to how the game renders, and generally speaking if you don't cap your FPS below the FPS your hardware can produce in the game (using vsync or something), then you will get huge input lag.
Yes, having less input lag with vsync sounds pretty weird, but here it is the case.

According to the community, the 32 bits version of Minecraft Bedrock Edition does not work the same, and can run pretty decent on lower end hardware.
For example, I have a laptop with a Ryzen 7 3750H and a GTX 1660 Ti m and the iGPU is enough of a bottleneck (optimus) to get me only 72 FPS (half vsync), which is why I want to install the 32 bits version.
I could dual boot Windows 32 and 64 bits but I doubt there are enough 32 bits drivers for all of my peripherals.

Therefore, what I want to do is trick the microsoft store to install the 32 bits version even though I have a 64 bits OS. Is this possible?

I Mess With Windows

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
I know Windows will run it but the MS Store only installs the 64 bits version, because I have a 64 bits OS, but I want to install the 32 bits version.

Of course, if I setup a dual boot, I will be able to get that 32 bits version, but I think a lot of drivers for my hardware are 64 bits only so this is also a problem.

USAFRet

Titan
I know Windows will run it but the MS Store only installs the 64 bits version, because I have a 64 bits OS, but I want to install the 32 bits version.

Of course, if I setup a dual boot, I will be able to get that 32 bits version, but I think a lot of drivers for my hardware are 64 bits only so this is also a problem.
Is it possible to install this outside the MS Store?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Strange you say
I am a Minecraft Bedrock Edition player, and unless you have decent hardware, the game runs very poorly and a lot of input lag appears.

when

Minecraft Bedrock Edition was designed for devices that do not support Java and have low specifications.
It is available on Xbox, PlayStation, iOS, Android, and many other devices.

I don't see PC even mentioned on here - link (game you after is at bottom of page)

Problem with that game is there are so many shady sites that say you could download it from them but I wouldn't trust them to be legit.

Games forums who don't block all their Minecraft spam will likely have links that purport to be what you want but I also wouldn't trust them. Most of the links just there to make person who posted a little bit of money... please click these 2 links and prove you are human lol.

I Mess With Windows

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Sorry for replying so late!
The Windows 64 bits version of the game and this one only has an issue called "render dragon", where if you don't have enough horse power to reach the FPS cap consistently (in most cases that's vsync), it will sacrifice input delay and stability to try to reach the highest possible framerate.
To the point where my Ryzen 5 5600G which offers a playable Java Edition experience is unplayable in Bedrock Edition.

If there is no FPS cap... then it has no limit and it will try to reach higher and higher by doing these heavy compromises. I have a laptop with GTX 1660 Ti and Ryzen 7 3750H, and it's just playable, reaching half vsync (72 FPS because it has a 144hz display), and with no vsync it's unplayable.
With an external monitor I can bypass Optimus so I get the 144 FPS, but with no vsync still unplayable.
It sounds ridiculous but with vsync fixes the input lag (by capping the FPS).

The game can be ran outside the MS Store, there are utilities that run it in your documents folder somewhere. Auto updates are disabled but i'm ready to use a such thing, the only thing is that I would need a 32 bits version of the game, and I don't know if it would work. I could try to install Windows 32 bits on a hard drive, install the game, turn hibernation off, boot to a linux USB, get everything from the Windowsapps and AppData folders, and set everything back up in Windows 64 bits, either in the WindowsApps folder or try to use that tool (don't know if it supports 32 bits).

D

Deleted member 14196

It’s not going to work as you planned. Period. Installing it on 32 bit windows and then copying the application data over to 64 bit Will never work. Never. Unless you can find a 32-bit version that you can install you can forget about it