Question can i load same os on multiple system without swiping SSD?

adidatabase

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
Hi, i have multiple audio pcs stations in my studio, different peripherals (mainly different sound cards and speakers) in ich station, i want to be able to move to other pc and load the same os from the same point there (not at the same time, shutting down 1 and load it on the other)

is there a way to store the os on one pc, connecting all pcs with 10gig switch and load the os from the pc i want?

i thought some trickery can be done with pxe boot but its manly for installing stuff or loading winpe..

would love for some pros input

I think I see what you're trying to do, but I believe you start in the opposite end in regards of a workable solution.

I actually think that you should try to look up "KVM switch" online and see if that can be a workable solution.

Other possible solutions may include remote desktop.

adidatabase

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
ohh right! windows to go did work for me like that but never tried to load it from pxe, will try!

about the kvm.. that would mean i need to also move cable between walls, 3 DP 4 Active USB and the kvm is making problems with daw functions so i alwess throw them to the trush..

unless you're linus with optic cables in the walls and pricy dock\kvms that I believe will still make problems if you're trying to do what i do.