Question Can I make both screens look the same?

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
I want the Lenovo one to be the same colors like the Samsung

Here’s a photo:

Last edited:
It will help, but you can do the same thing with just looking at the screens and adjusting options to get them to look close. Age and model of the monitor will affect things, if they are TN screens then the angle you are looking at will affect how they look, if you are using different connection types with them. Really need more details here, are the monitors the same age, using same connector? What are the models, are they TN, IPS, VA? Have you tried things already to match them? For the price of the calibration tool you can just buy a second matching monitor to one of those.

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
It will help, but you can do the same thing with just looking at the screens and adjusting options to get them to look close. Age and model of the monitor will affect things, if they are TN screens then the angle you are looking at will affect how they look, if you are using different connection types with them. Really need more details here, are the monitors the same age, using same connector? What are the models, are they TN, IPS, VA? Have you tried things already to match them? For the price of the calibration tool you can just buy a second matching monitor to one of those.

Thanks, It's just that I have credit in a photos store that sells this item and I thought of using it for the screens..
but like you said its sounds really unnecessary.
About my monitors, one of them is Samsung 27" 4K 60 HZ I cant provide the email if it will help, and the other one is Lenovo Legion 24.5" 240HZ (btw the screen is a little bit blurry in my opinion, and Im not sure if its defective or its just like that.. its 1920X1080)
The purpose of buying them both was to use the 4k one for editing and the lenvo one for editing and maybe gaming.. they are brand new so I can't think of selling them.. and the quality differences is really big but I think
I can live with that..

What exact model of Samsung, just listing the size and resolution does not say what type of screen it is.

Those are different enough that you won't get them looking the same, maybe similar but not the same. You can also run into issues with gaming when running two screens at different refresh rates, there are many posts about flickering issues when doing that.

The 1080 screen will look more blurry than the 4k screen when you look at them.

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
What exact model of Samsung, just listing the size and resolution does not say what type of screen it is.

Those are different enough that you won't get them looking the same, maybe similar but not the same. You can also run into issues with gaming when running two screens at different refresh rates, there are many posts about flickering issues when doing that.

The 1080 screen will look more blurry than the 4k screen when you look at them.

Thank you, one is
Lenovo Legion Y25-25 240HZ 24.5"

and the other one is
Samsung LCD 28" UHD Gaming Monitor U28R554UQU

Like I said the consideration was to use one for video editing and VFX/3D Modeling which is the Samsung and the other one (The 240HZ Lenovo) for gaming and also for the same purpose as the Samsung. the thinking was 4K for the videos world and 240HZ for the games.. and to do everything with both.
My overall computer is a beast that I also built up just now..
Im afraid I made a mistake with the screens and Im thinking to sell one of them and go with either 2 4k screens or 2, 240HZ screens.. or to read and learn more about monitors and than make a better and smarter decision.

If you have any recommendation and you can share your thoughts I will really appreciate that!
Thanks for reading until here !
And all the best!

USAFRet

Titan
Even identical monitors can have issues trying to make them "identical".

I had 2x HP ISP panels, and a hueyPro calibration device.
No amount of messing with them would make them exact.
And these were almost sequential serial numbers, bought as a set in the same box.

Currently, 2x 24" Asus TN panels. Better picture than the HP's, but still...cannot get them "identical".
Also with a SpyderX Pro.
Very very close....but you see a teeny bit of difference.

Thank you, one is
Lenovo Legion Y25-25 240HZ 24.5"

and the other one is
Samsung LCD 28" UHD Gaming Monitor U28R554UQU

Like I said the consideration was to use one for video editing and VFX/3D Modeling which is the Samsung and the other one (The 240HZ Lenovo) for gaming and also for the same purpose as the Samsung. the thinking was 4K for the videos world and 240HZ for the games.. and to do everything with both.
My overall computer is a beast that I also built up just now..
Im afraid I made a mistake with the screens and Im thinking to sell one of them and go with either 2 4k screens or 2, 240HZ screens.. or to read and learn more about monitors and than make a better and smarter decision.

If you have any recommendation and you can share your thoughts I will really appreciate that!
Thanks for reading until here !
And all the best!

One is an IPS screen the other a TN, there is no way you are going to get them to look the same, IPS screens have deeper and richer colors as well as a wider viewing angle without distortion. If you want them matching you need to get the same monitor models for both.

SaarVFX

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
Are you sure that? because I checked and the Samsung one is IPS and the Lenovo LED IPS, the difference is in the "LED"?
I can give up about making them look the same, but will I have problems with gaming ? like you said with flickering issues ?
Do you recommend selling one of them and than buy the second as the same model ? if YES, can you please say in your opinion which one I need to sell and which one I need to stick with ?
The main goal of mine is editing.. in all kind of softwares and areas..
Thanks !

Are you sure that? because I checked and the Samsung one is IPS and the Lenovo LED IPS, the difference is in the "LED"?
I can give up about making them look the same, but will I have problems with gaming ? like you said with flickering issues ?
Do you recommend selling one of them and than buy the second as the same model ? if YES, can you please say in your opinion which one I need to sell and which one I need to stick with ?
The main goal of mine is editing.. in all kind of softwares and areas..
Thanks !

Looks like it is an IPS, looking at the refresh rate and cost I had no idea they managed to make a 240hz screen with IPS for that cheap.

I don't like mixing different monitors, but there is no guarantee you will get the flickering issues, you have both monitors already right? Try it and see.

Those screens are different enough that you can't really pick one or the other past what you want to do with them, dual 27 or 28" screens take up a lot of desk space, but for work vs high refresh rate for gaming I would rather have two of the larger screens.