[SOLVED] Can i migrate Gta V from Rockstar Launcher to Epic games Launcher?

May 11, 2020
As most of you know Gta V has been released for free on Epic Game Store and i already have gta v installed on the Rockstar Launcher but the account is from a friend and id like to play on the Epic games launcher with my own account but i dont want to download the 90gb again. My question is if i could somehow use the files i already downloaded so i dont have to download all the files again.

Solution
Start the download from EPIC as soon as it has created the folders stop the download,copy the files from the old install to the new folders,restart download,it should check the files and only update as needed.

This works for Steam at least.
Start the download from EPIC as soon as it has created the folders stop the download,copy the files from the old install to the new folders,restart download,it should check the files and only update as needed.

This works for Steam at least.

Solution

Cyb3rTech

Distinguished
May 21, 2015
Wait what? You can add friends on Social Club (rockstargames) you ask him/her for social club id/username when you run a GTA so click Home key on the keyboard so show up you will see what to do..