[SOLVED] Can i mix Kingston Hyperx fury with Kingston valueram?

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
I currently have a 8gb 2133mhz valueram ram and im plannig to add more ram with the same speed and capacity but with a different model such as the hyperx fury
should buy the same model as im using right now or is ok to buy a different model?

Ralston18

Titan
What motherboard do you have?

Is that 8 GB RAM one module, two modules, 4 modules?

The starting point is to determine what RAM modules are supported by the motherboard and in what combinations.

For the most part you should purchase identical modules that are tested and packed as a kit to be used together.

Another thing to do is to go to the various RAM manufacturer's site and use any provided configuration tools.

You can either enter in information about your computer (usually the motherboard) or download a utility that will scan the computer and identify the applicable RAM and possible installation combinations.

Details matter so always try to find a consensus with respect to the RAM module(s) and specs applicable to your motherboard.

Post what you learn and believe to be workable. Hopefully someone will be able to validate your choice(s).

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
What motherboard do you have?

Is that 8 GB RAM one module, two modules, 4 modules?

The starting point is to determine what RAM modules are supported by the motherboard and in what combinations.

For the most part you should purchase identical modules that are tested and packed as a kit to be used together.

Another thing to do is to go to the various RAM manufacturer's site and use any provided configuration tools.

You can either enter in information about your computer (usually the motherboard) or download a utility that will scan the computer and identify the applicable RAM and possible installation combinations.

Details matter so always try to find a consensus with respect to the RAM module(s) and specs applicable to your motherboard.

Post what you learn and believe to be workable. Hopefully someone will be able to validate your choice(s).

im using a h110 motherboard (ASUS H110M-k) with a i3-6100
no graphics card
and like i mentioned earlier, kingston valueram 8gb 2133 mhz ddr4

Ralston18

Titan

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
Motherboard overview:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1243382-REG/asus_h110m_k_lga_1151_micro.html

Does the following link match the RAM 2 x 16GB kit you intend to buy?

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-2666M...la-824476733911&ref=&adgrpid=82240853001&th=1

If so, the RAM should work. Do verify by checking specs and installation instructions per the motherboard's User Guide/Manual. Read the fine print.

unfortunately not, but ill try to get the same model as the link you gave me
this is the model ill planning to get: https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX424C15FB_8.pdf and im not gonna buy 2 ram sticks though just gonna buy 1 8gb stick to pair with my current 8gb ram stick

Last edited:

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014