[SOLVED] can I mix rams with same voltages and frequency

fawaz_nameless

Prominent
Jun 28, 2021
I have a Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz and now i want to install Trident Z RGB (For AMD) DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V 16GB (2x8GB)
they have the same frequency and voltage and I think they are both compatible with my gigabyte x570 GAMING X mother board can I mix these two or no?

Solution
No, maybe, yes.

You must refer to the motherboard's specs/User Guide/Manual for supported RAM and RAM configurations.

And, in many cases, the User Guide will refer you to the motherboard's manufacturer's website for updated information.

Specifically the QVL (Qualified Vendors List).

The key requirement being that you obtain/purchase and install a matched RAM kit for dual channel use.

ln your case 2 x 8 GB RAM modules.

Details matter so read all warnings, fine print, etc.

Go to applicable RAM and motherboard websites to to read relevant FAQ's and forums. Look for what is "said" and what is "not said".

Ralston18

Titan
No, maybe, yes.

You must refer to the motherboard's specs/User Guide/Manual for supported RAM and RAM configurations.

And, in many cases, the User Guide will refer you to the motherboard's manufacturer's website for updated information.

Specifically the QVL (Qualified Vendors List).

The key requirement being that you obtain/purchase and install a matched RAM kit for dual channel use.

ln your case 2 x 8 GB RAM modules.

Details matter so read all warnings, fine print, etc.

Go to applicable RAM and motherboard websites to to read relevant FAQ's and forums. Look for what is "said" and what is "not said".

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I have a Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz and now i want to install Trident Z RGB (For AMD) DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V 16GB (2x8GB)
they have the same frequency and voltage and I think they are both compatible with my gigabyte x570 GAMING X mother board can I mix these two or no?
The eternal question.

And the eternal answer...
Maybe.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails.

Cubrix

Commendable
Nov 28, 2019
I've seen and tested it and as far as I am concerned (and seen on videos), YES you can. When you run into trouble just take the frequency down a notch (3000mhz). Also run same brand in the same channels (but this you obviously knew).

I guess sometimes it might not work, but the ones you posted seems very similar.