[SOLVED] Can I mix these two types of HyperX Kingston RAM?

Solution
They both support 1600Mhz CL 10-10-10 at 1.5V. They also manufacture the RAM themselves. I'd say compatibility issues are likely low. Most often the biggest issue is different modules settling on a lower than expected clock rate or higher timing than expected.

Bigger compatibility issues leading to boot or stability issues usually come from overclocked memory from third party manufacturers. Even when the make and model are exactly the same. As the chips may be from different first party manufacturers even though the model is the same. Kingston, Crucial (Micron), Samsung, SK Hynix and Toshiba are first party manufacturers. You'll have less problems sticking with them. Although Kingston and Crucial are the only ones to offer memory for...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the largest risk is the financial one.
they will either work great, work with errors and blue screens, or not at all.
mixing modules is a gamble and I have had twin single channel sticks, made in series, SN 1 apart would not work together no matter what I tried.
financial, keep the receipt and make sure they accept returns.

if they do work remember to test the living crap out of them with memtest86, give it 5 passes to find errors, if none congrats and enjoy.

Last edited:
They both support 1600Mhz CL 10-10-10 at 1.5V. They also manufacture the RAM themselves. I'd say compatibility issues are likely low. Most often the biggest issue is different modules settling on a lower than expected clock rate or higher timing than expected.

Bigger compatibility issues leading to boot or stability issues usually come from overclocked memory from third party manufacturers. Even when the make and model are exactly the same. As the chips may be from different first party manufacturers even though the model is the same. Kingston, Crucial (Micron), Samsung, SK Hynix and Toshiba are first party manufacturers. You'll have less problems sticking with them. Although Kingston and Crucial are the only ones to offer memory for the consumer and OC memory. Samsung, Hynix and Toshiba mostly deal with OEMs and third party manufacturers like Corsair. Although Toshiba Memory has been sold off. I don't know if their factories are still running under another name.

Solution