[SOLVED] Can I output a second desktop with separate sound to a second screen?

medvesajtification

Commendable
Aug 26, 2020
I would like to watch movies from my PC on my TV via HDMI, while I use the PC normally (ie. fullscreen games) on my monitor via DisplayPort. Is this possible within the standard Windows 10 functionality, or through some workaround?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Solution
But does that separate the sound too? So that the movie sound outputs from the TV?
If you have a GPU with HDMI that is capable of routing video and audio through HDMI then yes,I have a 1050ti and have it connected through hdmi and it plays both video and audio on my TV, but you need to have installed the hdmi option from the nvidia driver as well and you might have to go to windows audio settings and tell it to use the TV.
I have my mobo intel igpu connected with vga to a monitor and the sound plays from my computer speakers.

So yes it does play seperately.
I would like to watch movies from my PC on my TV via HDMI, while I use the PC normally (ie. fullscreen games) on my monitor via DisplayPort. Is this possible within the standard Windows 10 functionality, or through some workaround?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Windows settings is all you need for this,just expand your display and you can use each one for whatever you want.
Depending on your hardware though,one or the other might loose enough performance for you to notice.

Reactions: medvesajtification
But does that separate the sound too? So that the movie sound outputs from the TV?
If you have a GPU with HDMI that is capable of routing video and audio through HDMI then yes,I have a 1050ti and have it connected through hdmi and it plays both video and audio on my TV, but you need to have installed the hdmi option from the nvidia driver as well and you might have to go to windows audio settings and tell it to use the TV.
I have my mobo intel igpu connected with vga to a monitor and the sound plays from my computer speakers.

Reactions: medvesajtification
Solution

medvesajtification

Commendable
Aug 26, 2020

Awesome, thanks a bunch. Will try when my cables arrive.