[SOLVED] Can I overclock a 4GB Palit StormX 1050 Ti ?

Nov 5, 2021
Hello all :)
First of all i am new to the forum and i am not so experienced with overclocking but a friend of mine told me that there are safe standard low values i can set in msi after burner so that I can overclock my gpu he said 500 and 125 i dont remember i think 500 to set to memory clock and 125 to core clock or the opposite without changing core voltage,temp limit and power limit(which is 100% always).I dont remember exactly sorry its been a long time since i tried this,but anyway.
So,when I put these values I see an increase in GPU(more MHZ) but when i run benchmark or playing games i do not have a better performance, I would say that I may have a worse performance so i guess its not working.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I have to do?
Τhanks in advance, please someone help me.

Solution
Do not overclock with that PSU. It's 300w in reality and that's under ideal conditions.

Not all GPUs overclock the same so whatever you friend told you might not apply to your GPU.
The reason you saw no better results may be that either the game is cpu bound, so a better GPU will not give better performance till you change the CPU, or that you may thermal throttling which results in worse performance.

There are other explanations as well, especially if you play at low resolution that make every game cpu bound.

In any case, you should go with a better PSU even without oc. Don't buy a Plaisio PSU, you need a proper one from Corsair or Seasonic.
You can also check the tier list here...
Nov 5, 2021
Also i am gonna send you these,they might help you
My motherboard is Gigabyte A320M-DS2-CF
PSU
zSi8TKb.png

Do not overclock with that PSU. It's 300w in reality and that's under ideal conditions.

Not all GPUs overclock the same so whatever you friend told you might not apply to your GPU.
The reason you saw no better results may be that either the game is cpu bound, so a better GPU will not give better performance till you change the CPU, or that you may thermal throttling which results in worse performance.

There are other explanations as well, especially if you play at low resolution that make every game cpu bound.

In any case, you should go with a better PSU even without oc. Don't buy a Plaisio PSU, you need a proper one from Corsair or Seasonic.
You can also check the tier list here:

Tier B is recommended, tier C for a very very very very strict budget and still, you should go at least tier B.

Solution
Nov 5, 2021

You can also check the tier list here:

Tier B is recommended, tier C for a very very very very strict budget and still, you should go at least tier B.
thank you