can i overclock g3258 on ga b85 d3h not on ds3h

sunny6315

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
hi friends this my 2nd thread on this site and this is my another cheaper bulid for my small brother and i want to know that can i overclock that cpu on that

Solution
I own that CPU. It can hit 4.2GHz on stock cooler with zero issues and on first attempt in most cases. For more, aftermarket coolers are recommended. I was able to get to 4.5GHz on first attempt on Arctic Freezer 13 cooler, and did not even try to go further. Running at just 1.23V, 24/7 prime stable.

This CPU won't bottleneck anything when overclocked, so get any card you like. I own R9 280X, runs like a champ. You can certainly go much further than 750Ti. Just don't go SLI/Crossfire.

Make sure your PSU is up to the task as well.
I own that CPU. It can hit 4.2GHz on stock cooler with zero issues and on first attempt in most cases. For more, aftermarket coolers are recommended. I was able to get to 4.5GHz on first attempt on Arctic Freezer 13 cooler, and did not even try to go further. Running at just 1.23V, 24/7 prime stable.

This CPU won't bottleneck anything when overclocked, so get any card you like. I own R9 280X, runs like a champ. You can certainly go much further than 750Ti. Just don't go SLI/Crossfire.

Make sure your PSU is up to the task as well.

Solution