Question Can I overclock my GPU again and more after activating XMP profile?

Jan 15, 2020
Hi guys,

I have recently done a BIOS update and didn't realize that it turned XMP automatically off. I have been running 2133 MHz all the time instead of 3600 like when I built it 2 weeks ago.

Now I activated it again running fine at 3600 MHz. I overclocked my gpu (KFA2 RTX 2070 SUPER) to the maximum while I had 2133 MHz RAM. Now my question: Is my GPU now able to get a new maximum higher clock, If I try it again to OC in smalls steps?

Hi guys,

I have recently done a BIOS update and didn't realize that it turned XMP automatically off. I have been running 2133 MHz all the time instead of 3600 like when I built it 2 weeks ago.

Now I activated it again running fine at 3600 MHz. I overclocked my gpu (KFA2 RTX 2070 SUPER) to the maximum while I had 2133 MHz RAM. Now my question: Is my GPU now able to get a new maximum higher clock, If I try it again to OC in smalls steps?

I wouldn't think overclocking memory should affect the overclock your discrete GPU can achieve, whether for better or worse. BUT the heat your overclocked GPU puts out could push marginally stable, overclocked memory into instability if exhausting onto the DIMM's, making you think the GPU is unstable when it crashes.

Last edited: