Question can I overclock or change mosfet?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 21, 2021
I have gigabyte b450 gaming x containing the worst mosfet of human history for low side 4c06n & for higher side 4c10n.......
can I overclock 5800x extremely with direct airflow over the vrm?? & is it possible to replace the mosfet with 4co24n & 4c029n??

'm very poor to buy new mobo so I dont have much choice & what will I do with x570 when it cost more then a kidney my left kidney has already been booked for 5800x
Drop a few 'eeeeeee's. In fact, drop the idea of overclocking a 5000 series entirely as it's essentially pointless. Then look at any of a number of excellent B550 boards...like ASUS TUF B550 Gaming Plus.

DSzymborski

Titan
The threads have been merged. You get a maximum of one thread for your various related questions about your overclocking of your 5800X. Not two. Not three. Not four or more. The other option is zero threads.

In any case, the answer remains identical:

• You will see small benefits to overclocking a 5800X on any motherboard
  • If you don't have the money to get one of the really good motherboards that can see this small benefit, then you there's no purpose replacing a motherboard you're currently using with a 5800X
  • If you don't have the money to buy expensive parts, you're far better off not overclocking anyway because, for the 112th time or so, the benefits are going to be relatively small.