[SOLVED] can i pair a ryzen 3 3300x with a gigabyte a320m without inconvenience?

BrokenKB

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
im not gonna overclock anything, just ram to xmp profile, and not gonna upgrade my cpu in a looog time

but some people say that using a low range mobo may slow the pc performance

my next pc:
ryzen 3 3300x
gtx 1650 super
2x8gb ram 3000mhz
psu be quiet 500w*

**Acoding to gigabyte website i can pair them but wanna hear your opinion first

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
im not gonna overclock anything, just ram to xmp profile, and not gonna upgrade my cpu in a looog time

but some people say that using a low range mobo may slow the pc performance

my next pc:
ryzen 3 3300x
gtx 1650 super
2x8gb ram 3000mhz
psu be quiet 500w*

**Acoding to gigabyte website i can pair them but wanna hear your opinion first

Hi @BrokenKB

You say "without inconvenience"..... That's an interesting way to put it. :)

It should work but you'll most likely have to flash the Bios on the A320 and honestly, I'd strongly advise you to go with a minimum of a B450 if you are going to use a Ryzen 3k series CPU. The A320 were very basic mobo's when they came out and were geared for budget systems around the Ryzen 1k & 2k CPU's.

Here is a good read here on Tom's about the differences of an A320 & B450 mobo.

Reactions: BrokenKB

BrokenKB

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
Hi @BrokenKB

You say "without inconvenience"..... That's an interesting way to put it. :)

It should work but you'll most likely have to flash the Bios on the A320 and honestly, I'd strongly advise you to go with a minimum of a B450 if you are going to use a Ryzen 3k series CPU. The A320 were very basic mobo's when they came out and were geared for budget systems around the Ryzen 1k & 2k CPU's.

Here is a good read here on Tom's about the differences of an A320 & B450 mobo.
nice answer, i think i will save $40 and buy a b450m, but the fact that ryzen 4000 will not work at b450 hurts a bit

The b450 WILL support the 4000 family of Ryzen ......but will not be able to use all the features of the new CPU in all respects...... a b550 or x570 would be a better choice if I was going to buy a board right now. The VRM's on a b450 may well struggle with the needs of a 4000 cpu and if you have a weak PSU on it then problems are nearly guaranteed to arise.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-4000-desktop-cpus-socket-motherboard

Solution