Question CAN I PAIR B760M MB ON 14700

Jun 21, 2024
I am pretty mcuh tight on a Budget on my location board availbality also very Low.
My cpu is 14700 (NON K Version) never gonna overclock just gonna run everything on stock , zero gaming ..Soley for producvity/

My Board of choice:-
-ASRock B760M PG Lightning can i pair it with ??? will it work on my sceniro???
any expert please confirm this

goona aircool the cpu
gonna put in M-Atx case
only thing bugging me is VRM

Richj444

Commendable
May 25, 2022
  • 7+1+1 Power Phase, Dr.MOS for VCore+GT
I wouldn't try it. That board is way short on the vrm side and the 14700 draws a lot of power. I don't think it would last very long before burning out. I'd find something at least 12+1+1 or more to support that processor. And with a good heatsink.

It might work for you, or it might fail in short order.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jun 21, 2024
  • 7+1+1 Power Phase, Dr.MOS for VCore+GT
I wouldn't try it. That board is way short on the vrm side and the 14700 draws a lot of power. I don't think it would last very long before burning out. I'd find something at least 12+1+1 or more to support that processor. And with a good heatsink.

It might work for you, or it might fail in short order.

Eaither I should downgrade my processor....or find a better board
will the board work with 14600 or 13600 or 13700 ???
any VRM suggestion for these processors???

Richj444

Commendable
May 25, 2022
Eaither I should downgrade my processor....or find a better board
will the board work with 14600 or 13600 or 13700 ???
any VRM suggestion for these processors???
Without knowing your budget or location I can't really suggest what board you should buy. But here in the US I searched at Newegg, and this was the least expensive board I'd recommend for the 14700.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144584?Item=N82E16813144584

That's a nice solid power solution and should cause you no problems. As for swapping the processor, that's an option. The 13600 and the 14600 according to Intel both draw a max 154 watts. The 14700 can go up to 219 watts, so you'd be a lot safer with a 14600 and the ASRock mobo.

Reactions: tomyhardz
Jun 21, 2024
Without knowing your budget or location I can't really suggest what board you should buy. But here in the US I searched at Newegg, and this was the least expensive board I'd recommend for the 14700.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144584?Item=N82E16813144584

That's a nice solid power solution and should cause you no problems. As for swapping the processor, that's an option. The 13600 and the 14600 according to Intel both draw a max 154 watts. The 14700 can go up to 219 watts, so you'd be a lot safer with a 14600 and the ASRock mobo.
Even atm i don't how much budget is required to run a stable 14700 or 14600 processors
please recommend some more/which is the cheapest yet value for money product.....
my location dosen't have much online store option but offline market has some potetial so kindly mention some more so i will try find it in offline market

but your previous recommendation also by far the cheapest one i found

most probabaly instead of compromising evey other component i would be going with 14600/13600 with asrock mobo and add some ram ssd good cooler..etc

Last edited:
Even atm i don't how much budget is required to run a stable 14700 or 14600 processors
please recommend some more/which is the cheapest yet value for money product.....
my location dosen't have much online store option but offline market has some potetial so kindly mention some more so i will try find it in offline market

The 2 B760M options I mentioned above have above average VRM specs.

Likely better than you can find on a similarly priced full ATX board.

You have to decide if you need full ATX. Many people don't.

Walk down the spec sheets of all options for features you need. Eliminate those boards that don't have your "must have" features.

Richj444

Commendable
May 25, 2022

Another from MSI (disclaimer - I've been using their boards for my last several builds and am not as familiar with Asus or Gigabyte, although both are excellent brands that I've used in the past. I've never used ASRock personally so I can't say anything about their quality.) Anyway - https://www.newegg.com/p/13-144-600?Item=13-144-600&cm_sp=product-_-from-price-options

An Asus option. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813119641

The Gigabyte Aorus would handle anything you wanted to pair it with but it's a bit more expensive. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145427?Item=N82E16813145427

And I'm basing these recommendations strictly on the vrm criteria. You'd need to check on any other features that are important to you. Good luck with your search.

Jun 21, 2024
Another from MSI (disclaimer - I've been using their boards for my last several builds and am not as familiar with Asus or Gigabyte, although both are excellent brands that I've used in the past. I've never used ASRock personally so I can't say anything about their quality.) Anyway - https://www.newegg.com/p/13-144-600?Item=13-144-600&cm_sp=product-_-from-price-options

An Asus option. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813119641

The Gigabyte Aorus would handle anything you wanted to pair it with but it's a bit more expensive. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145427?Item=N82E16813145427

And I'm basing these recommendations strictly on the vrm criteria. You'd need to check on any other features that are important to you. Good luck with your search.
How about this board??? your overview..

ASRock B760M PG Riptide​

Richj444

Commendable
May 25, 2022
How about this board??? your overview..

ASRock B760M PG Riptide​

It should be fine with a 14700 I think. One thing I noticed, the description on Newegg doesn't mention any way to flash the BIOS if you are using an unsupported cpu. There may be a method and I just missed it, and depending on what BIOS is on the board you get, it may already support 14th gen cpus. But there's a chance it might not support them until you flash to a newer BIOS. Unless the board has a flash bios button or something along those lines, the only way to flash it would be to use a 12th or 13th gen to get it booted into bios, flash it to a later version supporting 14th gens, and then put in the 14700.

Might not be an issue but something to think about. Maybe the ASRock website has a better description.

Jun 21, 2024
It should be fine with a 14700 I think. One thing I noticed, the description on Newegg doesn't mention any way to flash the BIOS if you are using an unsupported cpu. There may be a method and I just missed it, and depending on what BIOS is on the board you get, it may already support 14th gen cpus. But there's a chance it might not support them until you flash to a newer BIOS. Unless the board has a flash bios button or something along those lines, the only way to flash it would be to use a 12th or 13th gen to get it booted into bios, flash it to a later version supporting 14th gens, and then put in the 14700.

Might not be an issue but something to think about. Maybe the ASRock website has a better description.
thanks for the information...never knew these....
just a last confirmation to clear up things..

if i decide to go with
13600k(not overclocking only k version available) + ASRock B760M PG Lightning (7+1+1 Power Phase) will it be a good combo or still i need to consider higher VRM??????

p.s- 14700 Definately needs 12+Vrm on hella power sucker....

Regardless of what board you buy, you'll need to get into the BIOS and investigate the power settings.

They may be set very high by default, but could be manually reduced with little effect on performance.

That Lightning is a low to mid range B760M board.

I personally would be spooked and inclined to spend more on the board and less elsewhere if I need to in order to remain in budget. I can easily understand if you disagree.

It's anybody's guess which board will lead to disappointment. The likelihood of that is well above zero for all of them......you ultimately have to accept the fact that pure chance is a major factor and that 50 hours of research may not improve your chances over 25. About all you have to rely on are anecdotes and spec sheets.

As of right now....what is your proposed complete parts list?

Jun 21, 2024
Regardless of what board you buy, you'll need to get into the BIOS and investigate the power settings.

They may be set very high by default, but could be manually reduced with little effect on performance.

That Lightning is a low to mid range B760M board.

I personally would be spooked and inclined to spend more on the board and less elsewhere if I need to in order to remain in budget. I can easily understand if you disagree.

It's anybody's guess which board will lead to disappointment. The likelihood of that is well above zero for all of them......you ultimately have to accept the fact that pure chance is a major factor and that 50 hours of research may not improve your chances over 25. About all you have to rely on are anecdotes and spec sheets.

As of right now....what is your proposed complete parts list?
This ASROCK pg Lighting MB
32gig ram,1TB ssd,750w PSU
case GPU yet to decide