[SOLVED] Can i pair GTX 1650 Super with i5 2400 ?

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi ,i hope everyone is alright in these times

For lone have i gamed poorly with 30 frames or even 26 frames haha

I started my gaming on very low budget with GT 730 and then moved on to GT 1030 ,could not afford a GTX series or a AMD Card for gaming
And oh boy did i struggle with those FPS and overclocking helped a little but FINALLY

I say FINALLY i have the moohla the money the cash the bling bling the dough if you know to get a somewhat decent GPU a GTX 1650 super
I know its not much or even that great but for me in hard financial times its something amazing full of joy

But here comes the question ,my CPU is i5 2400 ,so can i pair it with that ,i saw some gameplay videos on youtube and this combination gives decent 60 frames and they all use 1080p and i plan to use on 720p only for gaming
Will there be any bottleneck and if so yes then will it be miserable or something or i can ignore and continue to play games which i've always loved doing as a kid

Eagerly waiting and a big thanks in advance for any and all advise

Solution
The 1650 Super should perform just fine with your CPU, don't overthink the whole bottleneck thing.

Just keep in mind that your system is quite dated and lags in performance compared to newer hardware. You might be better served by saving your money for an overall system upgrade.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The 1650 Super should perform just fine with your CPU, don't overthink the whole bottleneck thing.

Just keep in mind that your system is quite dated and lags in performance compared to newer hardware. You might be better served by saving your money for an overall system upgrade.

Reactions: HamSwolo
Solution

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015

Yes, I understand the system is outdated and since its the covid times ,my finances are actually gonna be released in december and i am getting paid well for the contract but till then a mans gotta game you know and come december i'll sell this current build and go for a updated modern PC as well

And a big thanks to you for clearing my doubt ,much appreciated

Sep 13, 2020
Personally I agree you should focus on updating your system. Using a r3 3200g and dealing with the integrated graphics may be the way to go. Its a 99 dollar chip with a gpu built in. Moving to an am4/ddr4 will open up so many options. Down the road get a better card then the 1650. Buy once cry once.