bjcyber

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2012
i have pc with following specs.

core 2 duo
4GB RAM
on board VGA
windows 7

i just want to know that can i play battle field 2 with this pc and what are the games that i can play.

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished
That's a really, really, really, terrible PC. I used to have one very similar to it, and basically there's very little opportunity for you to play anything that came after 2002 unless it's on the Source engine (Half Life 2, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Counter-Strike: Source) and even games on the source engine aren't going to perform too well, but they should be bearable on the lowest settings.

I really doubt you'd be able to play Battlefield 2, as I remember when I had a laptop with very similar specs I was having a hard time just trying to play Battlefield Vietnam which came out a little over a year prior. You can stick with Battlefield 1942 for the most part, as well as games like the original Deus Ex, and Age of Empires 2 HD (with all the eye candy like 3D water and anti-aliasing turned off) pretty easily.

You could also probably play Serious Sam Classic pretty well too, as well as most games which use the Quake engine such as the Star Wars: Jedi Knight series. The original Red Faction should be quite playable as well (though not Red Faction 2) and you could play Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City pretty easily too. San Andreas would be a harder, but if you keep the settings low for San Andreas it should be playable.

Overall you should consider getting a new laptop if you expect to do any real gaming.

bjcyber

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2012

can you suggest any shooting game like COD 4 modern warfare that can i play.

Solution

bjcyber

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2012
The older card may be fairly cheap, but it also consumes a lot more power than the 7750

Just check your PSU sticker for the amperage under the +12v column

If your system is a prebuilt with a cheapo OEM PSU (which I assume is the case here) it'd be best to check before you do anything

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished
As for a game you can play, anything on the source engine will work at at least low settings. Try Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, Half-Life 1 or 2, etc, and outside Valve there's Red Faction 1, as well as the classic Serious Sam series and Battlefield 1942, as well as Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. All of these are shooters which should whet your appetite.

Also, if you need more games that you can play, go onto Good Old Games. They have an excellent number of classic games you can buy DRM free, ranging from the original Fallout games to the Thief series. They should have plenty of good classic shooters that can run on your PC, but just be wary as they sell some newer, more demanding games as well, so don't expect every game they sell their to run on your PC.

May 10, 2019
i have pc with following specs.

core 2 duo
4GB RAM
on board VGA
windows 7

i just want to know that can i play battle field 2 with this pc and what are the games that i can play.
i have the same spec's it can run battlefield 2 smoothly but you need DirectX 9.0c if you download battlefield 2 and it will crash this means you have lower resolution or directx 9.0b