Can i play music or movie directly from WD My Book wirelessly?

JUSOCOM

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Hello i'm considering to buy Western Digital My Book can i curious if it i can playing music or watching movie directly from WD My Book wirelessly?

Thanks in advance - Ju

Solution
Hey there, @Ju!

WD My Book is a part of our desktop external hard drive storage solutions. This requires you to have direct connection to the external in order to access its contents. If you wish to have a device that you would be able to access wirelessly through any device (TV/phone/tablet/computers,etc.) that can access Internet, I'd recommend considering a NAS (network-attached storage) system.

WD's Consumer NAS series include the WD My Cloud & WD My Cloud Mirror. This a personal storage device that plugs into your router at home and you can wireless back up, store and centralize all your data/content in one place and access it from any device, anywhere you have an Internet connection.

These NAS systems...
Hey there, @Ju!

WD My Book is a part of our desktop external hard drive storage solutions. This requires you to have direct connection to the external in order to access its contents. If you wish to have a device that you would be able to access wirelessly through any device (TV/phone/tablet/computers,etc.) that can access Internet, I'd recommend considering a NAS (network-attached storage) system.

WD's Consumer NAS series include the WD My Cloud & WD My Cloud Mirror. This a personal storage device that plugs into your router at home and you can wireless back up, store and centralize all your data/content in one place and access it from any device, anywhere you have an Internet connection.

These NAS systems also incorporate their own operating system (which is something external HDDs don't have) My Cloud OS 3. It basically gives you access to the content on the NAS and its easy and simple to configure and use. It also has a mobile app version that is free and available for any iOS or Android device.

Check the links I've shared with you and let me know if you have more questions.
I hope you find the best storage solution for you.

P.S. Always remember that "backup" means that you have your data stored in at least two (2) locations. Moving data from your system drive to an external hard drive is not a backup, unless there is already a duplicate of the file on a different drive. So, no matter what external device you go with, always backup your data on another storage location.

Cheers,
SuperSoph_WD :)

Solution