Can I play Sims 3 AND Sims 4 on one laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugojbee

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
So I am a HUGE sims fan. I LOVE the Sims 3, and play it way more than Sims 4. However, with the new Cats and Dogs expansion coming to Sims 4, I would like to be able to reinstall Sims 4 and play it, but still be able to just play Sims 3 whenever I want. My laptop runs Sims 3 at the moment with 339GB free hard drive disk space. Would Sims 3 still run well if I reinstalled Sims 4? (I believe Sims 4 is around 13GB) Would there be any noticeable decrease in the Sims 3 performance? And obviously I wouldn't run both games at the same time. Any help is appreciated.

Solution

Yep

hugojbee

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

Thanks for replying. I'm mostly concerned about The Sims 3. I know that Sims 4 doesn't need much to run well at all, but Sims 3 is quite a large game, and often has performance issues over minor things. I was wondering if anybody knew if Sims 3 would run any slower if I had Sims 4 installed, and occasionally played it. I know it might sound a bit silly, but i've heard of peoples Sims 3 game lagging for far more ridiculous reasons.

hugojbee

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

So if both games run relatively well on their own without the other installed (Which they do), it shouldn't make a difference if I played them on their own, but with the other game installed?

Yep

Solution

hugojbee

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

Awesome, thanks! :wahoo:

hugojbee

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

Around 330 GB. (I do have an external hard drive, but I doubt i'll need it, I was mostly concerned that having another game installed would make Sims 3 run slower, but I've been told it should be fine.)

Status
Not open for further replies.