Question Can I plug in AIO power into a fan hub?

Siltant

Prominent
Aug 28, 2020
Tomorrow, I am installing an Auraflow X 240 Snow. My motherboard only has two fan headers (CPU_FAN, and SYS_FAN). I use SATA to power my RGB, but I need to power my pump, and my PSU doesn't have any more SATA cables. I currently have a fan hub plugged into SYS_FAN. Would it be possible to power my pump through that?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your fan hub? It'd help us two fold if you could parse a link to the hub so we can see what it's capable of hooking up to.

The fans on the AIO are both PWM, so you can get a PWM fan hub like that made by Phanteks, then have all fans attached to said hub, while the pump is connected to either the SATA power plug or the SYS_FAN header.

Siltant

Prominent
Aug 28, 2020
Make and model of your fan hub? It'd help us two fold if you could parse a link to the hub so we can see what it's capable of hooking up to.

The fans on the AIO are both PWM, so you can get a PWM fan hub like that made by Phanteks, then have all fans attached to said hub, while the pump is connected to either the SATA power plug or the SYS_FAN header.
The fan hub I have is one that comes with my fan (Deepcool CF120s; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3K4XG1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_q.UYFbFTEBB68) which I am pretty sure that it will support PWM. It also does come with an rgb hub, but it only supports 3pin 5V ARGB. Also, my motherboard (B450M DS3H) only has one RGB header (CPU_LED), but I am not sure if that is compatible with the rgb splitter with the AIO.

EDIT: When I unplug my SATA adapter for the pump power, it shows that it is a 3 pin connector. This means that I should have no problem putting it into my fan hub, right?

Last edited: