[SOLVED] Can I plug in different fans to my Arctic LF2 240?

eternalabys

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

Just got me curious if I wanted to change my fans to Noctua or Be Quiet fans on my LF2, can I use the connectors that Arctic uses on their AIO's for less cable clutter, main issue would be power draw as the fans on the AIO are Arctic P12 PWM, which only sip 0.08A, I have a few Bq Quiet Silent Wings 3 Hi-Speed fans, which use 0.37A, just curious as to if there would be any issues in terms of power draw.

Solution
Hello everyone,

Just got me curious if I wanted to change my fans to Noctua or Be Quiet fans on my LF2, can I use the connectors that Arctic uses on their AIO's for less cable clutter, main issue would be power draw as the fans on the AIO are Arctic P12 PWM, which only sip 0.08A, I have a few Bq Quiet Silent Wings 3 Hi-Speed fans, which use 0.37A, just curious as to if there would be any issues in terms of power draw.
CPU_FAN header is good for at least 1A. but you would be hard pressed to find much better and quieter fans than P 12.
Hello everyone,

CPU_FAN header is good for at least 1A. but you would be hard pressed to find much better and quieter fans than P 12.

Solution

eternalabys

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018

True, but I'm mainly targeting performance as the AIO acted as my Intake for the longest time, switched it around to be my top exhaust now and seems to work better than before, but is probably just the repaste I did alongside the GPU. I might think about changing the current fans to NF-A12x25 or Silent Wings 4 Pro.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have the AIO plugged in to the second header which allows WP mode, the header has the ability to supply 2A I believe.

True, but I'm mainly targeting performance as the AIO acted as my Intake for the longest time, switched it around to be my top exhaust now and seems to work better than before, but is probably just the repaste I did alongside the GPU. I might think about changing the current fans to NF-A12x25 or Silent Wings 4 Pro.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have the AIO plugged in to the second header which allows WP mode, the header has the ability to supply 2A I believe.
Yes, WP headers are stronger than fans and AIO_PUMP also adjustable.