[SOLVED] Can I put a 3080 or 3090 in this?

Xangalore

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Current setup:
Cougar QBX mITX
16GB 3200 XMP
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked
Nvidia RTX 2070
GIGABYTE B450i AORUS M Gaming Wifi Pro
500TB GEN3 SSD
14TB WD / 7200RPM
ARESGAME Power Supply 750W 80+
Windows 10 x64 Pro (w COA)

Is there a 3080 or 3090 on the market that I could easily swap into this machine?

Last edited:
Solution
If you can find one the Cougar QBX supports GPUs up to 13.7" inches in length.
RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 are below 13" inches in length.
Depending on the model of the PSU you might need an upgrade going with the RTX 3080 and you should upgrade if going with the RTX 3090.
If you can find one the Cougar QBX supports GPUs up to 13.7" inches in length.
RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 are below 13" inches in length.
Depending on the model of the PSU you might need an upgrade going with the RTX 3080 and you should upgrade if going with the RTX 3090.

Solution

Xangalore

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
So 2 slot 3080 if anything, and possibly would need PSU upgrade?

Lools like RTX founders edition has two slots only. Do you guys think with that version my PSU would be sufficient?

Last edited:
4k 60hz I think
Its a 48 CX OLED
I will double check exact model (gotta go check the documentation)
As above the CX is 120Hz but you will need to update the firmware. If like my C9 the firmware update was not available from the automatic download, I had to download from the LG website. That would be a great setup but the quality of psu is important hence why we want the psu model.

I’m running a 3700x and 3080. I predominantly use 1440p 144Hz monitor but occasionally use 4K 120Hz C9. Either way it’s a great setup. If you can find a 3080 that fits and is available and the psu is good enough it will be a good setup.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No, I don't believe it's a widely known thing. Phony labels or badges are more likely with cheap, lesser known brands - those certifications don't come free; companies do pay a fee for them.
These shady companies slip their products past official channels and sell 'em for cheap - well, cheaper than what others are able to anyways.
Retailers are none the wiser; your typical store associate sure as heck wouldn't have known about it.

Sorry for being vague. It's something I remember reading up on like a year ago, so I just recall bits and pieces.

Xangalore

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
You can google "fake CE label".
Interesting. That's definitely a nuance I would have missed. Hmm. It clearly has lots of positive 5 star reviews on Amazon numbering over 500, not that this is definitive proof of it's reliability. So the risk then would be that putting a 3080 in my system with this particular power supply could wreck my system. How strong of a concern would this really be? Is a legit 750W PSU the bare minimum that would be needed, and thus anything that isn't absolutely guaranteed to work at that level is risky basically?
Just trying to learn here.

I suppose at this point the discussion is somewhat theoretical, because after searching online it doesn't appear that an RTX 3080 founders edition is available for sale from anyone except scalpers, so I'd probably have to wait several months to get one for the actual listed price anyway.

The absolute majority of the Amazon reviewers are from USA. They don't care about EU safety regulations such as CE labels.

Actually the product can't be found on Amazons' European sites. Also Amazons reviews mainly refers to promised delivery time and package status, same as reviews at many shopping sites.

The manufacturer appears to be located in the US, however their fake label makes them look much alike any of the cheap fakers on Ali Express et al, and that makes them less trustworthy. The website contact address, in Googlemaps, shows "Junyu Intl supply chain co. (USA) Inc". Junyu Intl can be further Googled for amusement.

I would buy something else.

Reactions: Phaaze88

USAFRet

Titan
The absolute majority of the Amazon reviewers are from USA. They don't care about EU safety regulations such as CE labels.

Actually the product can't be found on Amazons' European sites. Also Amazons reviews mainly refers to promised delivery time and package status, same as reviews at many shopping sites.

The manufacturer appears to be located in the US, however their fake label makes them look much alike any of the cheap fakers on Ali Express et al, and that makes them less trustworthy. The website contact address, in Googlemaps, shows "Junyu Intl supply chain co. (USA) Inc". Junyu Intl can be further Googled for amusement.

I would buy something else.
And the vast majority of Amazon reviewers wouldn't know a good PSU from bad. And that is discounting the fake or paid reviews.

I wouldn't trust that thing to run a 6 watt LED desklamp.

Reactions: jojesa
Dec 19, 2020
What? Is this a known thing? Any other sources out there who can confirm?
Here is the CE certificate for this 750w power supply. looks like the CE mark on the product label is indeed incorrect and misleading.
kMOumE5.png