Can i re use the same key for reinstalling it

EXQNGaming

Respectable
Jun 26, 2016
So i had an hdd in my new pc for about a month and decided to get an ssd now, i just wanna know if it is possible to reuse the same key or do i have to deactivate it since i did hear people use the same key on multiple pc's.

Thanks

Solution
Don't need to use key on PC its already been installed on.

When you reinstall on PC, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will reinstall and should auto activate. The keys are kept on Microsoft servers so once its used once, and matched to a PC, you don't need to know it again

Most people can only have key on one PC at a time, assume they might be volume licences.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Don't need to use key on PC its already been installed on.

When you reinstall on PC, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will reinstall and should auto activate. The keys are kept on Microsoft servers so once its used once, and matched to a PC, you don't need to know it again

Most people can only have key on one PC at a time, assume they might be volume licences.

Solution

nana99

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Colif is right. Windows Product key (if that is what you meant) is stored on ur motherboard. So as long as u don't change ur motherboard, that windows key will work on that pc. And u can change any other Component, no problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Well, 50% chance its linked to Motherboard. It can also be linked to an email address now, so if it doesn't auto activate on install he might need to link it to the email address he gave Microsoft.