Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
hello my system specs are
cpu- intel core i3 2120@3.3ghz
ram- 4x4 8gb dual channel ddr3 1333mhz twinmos
mb-ASUS P8 h61 MLX3 r2.0
gpu-msi geforce gt 740 2gb ddr5 afterburner edition
monitor- samsung led 1366x768 res
so can i play all the upcoming next gen pc games at mid high settings with these specs
and guys plz dont recoomend another gpu .

Solution
While nobody can predict the future of system specs, you can compare your hardware to consoles and top-of-the-line PC specs. Why consoles? Because a lot of games are made for them in mind first, and PCs second.

Your CPU is not very good. You can upgrade it and likely be fine. You can also upgrade your video card. If that is a new build, you could do a lot better for the budget. If that is just what you happen to have, plan on investing in your PC to keep up with modern games over the next four years.

Dylzan

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

You're looking at barely medium currently, you'll be looking at low/ultra low by 2016 onwards.

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
It is very unlikely you will be able to play next-gen games with that build until 2018. The 740 will struggle to meet the standard for the end of this year let alone for the next 3-4. You'll probably be able to play next-gen games at low-mid for the next year maybe, depending on the game but after that probably not.

Syntax42

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
While nobody can predict the future of system specs, you can compare your hardware to consoles and top-of-the-line PC specs. Why consoles? Because a lot of games are made for them in mind first, and PCs second.

Your CPU is not very good. You can upgrade it and likely be fine. You can also upgrade your video card. If that is a new build, you could do a lot better for the budget. If that is just what you happen to have, plan on investing in your PC to keep up with modern games over the next four years.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts