[SOLVED] Can i run a three monitor setup? (help appriciated)

kristian20

Reputable
May 20, 2018
I need some help regarding if my pc could handle a three monitor setup. I've had a duel set up for the longest time without any problem and I'm wondering if a Tripple setup would change anything?
I currently have one hooked up with HDMI and the other with DVI. There's one DisplayPort left (dont even know what its called). I'm only gaming on one monitor's others are used for youtube, documents etc. Will a Tripple minotor setup lower my performance?

specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium @ 3.70GHz
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. B360M BAZOOKA (MS-7B24) (U3E1)
%1 Chipset
Graphics
G246HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
G246HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (MSI)
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA )
223GB OCZ-TRION100 (SATA (SSD))

Worth adding i wanna buy a 144 hz 1 ms monitor to add to the duel setup
Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Solution
Overall, the PSU model number includes some reference to its' wattage capabilities.

However, that value may be established under some ideal circumstances.

I found the following link:

https://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-RS500-ACABB1-UK-Watts-Supply/dp/B00N4JRNY0

Answer being 500 watts.

Do, indeed, doublecheck....

The other part of the process is to check the total power requirements of all installed components.

Total up those power requirements - use the high end values.

There are a number of online calculators that will help you to do that.

Use at least 2 or 3 power calculators to find/achieve a consensus.

Ralston18

Titan
One way or another, your system will be impacted with the expansion from 2 monitors to 3 monitors.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance with two monitors while gaming etc. as normal. Any resources being pushed to high %'s?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

And I also suggest taking a look at the current PSU wattage and the load presently being imposed with the current components. You may already be nearing some threshold value where the PSU may not be able to support any additional power requirements needed by the GTX 1050Ti.

kristian20

Reputable
May 20, 2018
One way or another, your system will be impacted with the expansion from 2 monitors to 3 monitors.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance with two monitors while gaming etc. as normal. Any resources being pushed to high %'s?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

And I also suggest taking a look at the current PSU wattage and the load presently being imposed with the current components. You may already be nearing some threshold value where the PSU may not be able to support any additional power requirements needed by the GTX 1050Ti.
tnx for your reply, when gaming the cpu and memory are at about 80%
and my psu is coolermaster model Rs-500-acab-b1 .
Where do i find the current PSU wattage?

Ralston18

Titan
Overall, the PSU model number includes some reference to its' wattage capabilities.

However, that value may be established under some ideal circumstances.

I found the following link:

https://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-RS500-ACABB1-UK-Watts-Supply/dp/B00N4JRNY0

Answer being 500 watts.

Do, indeed, doublecheck....

The other part of the process is to check the total power requirements of all installed components.

Total up those power requirements - use the high end values.

There are a number of online calculators that will help you to do that.

Use at least 2 or 3 power calculators to find/achieve a consensus.

Solution