[SOLVED] Can I Run Fallout: New Vegas? Why Does it Lag so Hard?

Nov 1, 2018
I have a fairly new MSI LapTop with 1070 gtx, 8+gb of RAM, intel core i7 7th generation, NVIDIA 1TB hard drive, yet it still runs New Vegas horridly. I can’t even start the game up (the menu is fine) without lagging, I can barely move, the screen is always shaking, there is no sound, and it is a new game I bought. The laptop works perfectly on other games, receiving 200+ fps on things like counter strike on low settings. I lowered all of my settings, restarted my pc, and nothing is working, any help?

Solution
Double check the game's system requirements with respect to hardware.

Try using Task Manager and Resource Monitor to determine what is happening while Fallout is being run/played.

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor and just watch and explore the utility.

Leave open and slide to one side. Launch Fallout. Again watch for a few minutes and then again play while watching.

Hopefully you will be able to spot or otherwise identify the cause of the lag.

Ralston18

Titan
Double check the game's system requirements with respect to hardware.

Try using Task Manager and Resource Monitor to determine what is happening while Fallout is being run/played.

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor and just watch and explore the utility.

Leave open and slide to one side. Launch Fallout. Again watch for a few minutes and then again play while watching.

Hopefully you will be able to spot or otherwise identify the cause of the lag.

Solution