[SOLVED] Can I run GPU on max?

Sep 19, 2020
Hi, I recently got a new computer with a 4 GB VRAM GPU, and 5k display. I have downloaded GTA V, so can I run it on max? I have i5 processor and 8 GB RAM.

Solution
When I switch to 5k the little bar switches to yellow, also I have Radeon Pro 570
The bar at the top in GTA is a VRAM bar. It being yellow means you have surpassed or are close to surpassing the amount of VRAM your card has.
Pretty sure thats 4 gigs on the 570 pro.

Even so, that is not the problem with that card. its just a low-medium end card.

Try running the game at 5k, and see for yourself.
I'm pretty sure it will be choptastic (i'd say, around 8-12 frames per seconds at max)

8 gigs of ram is also only good enough if you dont have anything else open in the background.
And what i5 model do you have?

READ THIS
question, Do you perhaps, have a 5k Imac?
Lots of gpus have 4 gigs of VRAM, what exact model is it?

From the fact you have an i5 and 8gigs of ram, i'd guess either a 1050 TI, or rx 580 4gig.

Neither of those cards can run gta ultra 5k.
I don't believe anything short of an rtx 2070 super can run that, and even so, i'm not even sure.

But, you can run gta probably, just, on 1080p medium-high.

Sep 19, 2020
Lots of gpus have 4 gigs of VRAM, what exact model is it?

From the fact you have an i5 and 8gigs of ram, i'd guess either a 1050 TI, or rx 580 4gig.

Neither of those cards can run gta ultra 5k.
I don't believe anything short of an rtx 2070 super can run that, and even so, i'm not even sure.

But, you can run gta probably, just, on 1080p medium-high.
When I switch to 5k the little bar switches to yellow, also I have Radeon Pro 570

The bar at the top in GTA is a VRAM bar. It being yellow means you have surpassed or are close to surpassing the amount of VRAM your card has.
Pretty sure thats 4 gigs on the 570 pro.

Even so, that is not the problem with that card. its just a low-medium end card.

Try running the game at 5k, and see for yourself.
I'm pretty sure it will be choptastic (i'd say, around 8-12 frames per seconds at max)

8 gigs of ram is also only good enough if you dont have anything else open in the background.
And what i5 model do you have?

READ THIS
question, Do you perhaps, have a 5k Imac?

Solution