Can I run gta 5

Apr 16, 2018
Hi..
I am thinking to download gta5..but can I run it
My system specs are...
Cpu-Intel pentium g620 2.6ghz
Gpu-Intel hd graphics sandy bridge
Ram-2gb

Not to be rude, but you're more in the area of Solitaire and perhaps Angry Birds.

GTA5 is far above what your PC supports.

There's a very, very limited number of games that would work on your system. In order your main issues are:

1) System memory (2GB is very little as Windows loads into that, your iGPU on the CPU uses some of that too as video memory)
2) iGPU (GPU in the CPU is very weak)
3) CPU is fairly weak but isn't the worst part

Basically it's an office PC that can handle very, very light games. If you want it to be a bit snappier for basic usage maybe get an SSD possibly more system memory if possible.

If you want to game beyond that you need to build a completely new PC (i.e. $600USD+)

Apr 16, 2018
And I can run far cry 4,assassins creed 3,gta 4 , mafia 2 ,avatar, fifa 14 ,call of duty black ops 2 and my pc isn't a potato
Pc....And I know that I cannot run gta 5 on ultra setting or medium settings...

ahs89

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Not possible your system requirements are way too low for GTA V to run. In order to play GTAV on your system, you should upgrade your core components first that is RAM CPU and Motherboard.

Well, we can simply disagree on what it means to "run" a game.

You'd be on LOW settings at a very LOW FPS and possibly have insufficient VRAM and system memory for that since I'm not sure what GTA5 needs... hard to predict since you are below the minimum.

Again you use some of the SYSTEM MEMORY for your iGPU so I'm not clear how you run anything when you have 2GB... that means if you assigned 512MB as VRAM you'd have just under 1.5GB for both Windows and the game.

At the very least I'd try to:
a) get more system memory (DDR3), and
b) get a used of inexpensive graphics card

Seems a shame to spend money on games that must really run horribly. Probably stutter and lag like crazy.

If you can find a 4GB stick of DDR3 for $20 and used card similar or better to GT1050 2GB performance that might be a way to go unless that's too much money.

Apr 16, 2018
Yes photonboy u r right..my igpu uses some memory from the ram that's why I think to add 2gb more ram in my pc and I can run gta 5 in 15-20fps and I can also lower the resolution..and there is a setting in gta v showing how much video memory it's using..

Apr 16, 2018
Not a problem running gta v more I am buying a new laptop with intel core i5 8250u, ram- 8gb ddr4, hdd- 1tb, igpu - intel uhd graphics 620...Not more problem running modern games.but I am buying after 2month...