Can I Run it?

Rachit_M

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Hello Tomshardware.
I had a query so I came here.
I have a laptop which is not so good for gaming but is pretty decent.
It can run CSGO, GTA 5 pretty well with more than 60 FPS.
So would my laptop be able to Run Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Seige with a good FPS like 60-70?

Thank You.

Laptop Specs:
CPU- i5 7200U @ 2.5 GHz
GPU- GeForce 940MX
OS- Windows 10 Home (x64)
RAM- 8.00 GB

Solution
that game depends a bit more on the gpu than on the cpu

how good the gta v runs? that game depends more on the cpu than on the gpu, expect the same or a better fps on that game than on gta v

btw, yes, that is not a gaming laptop, is more a productivity laptop, with big battery and long duration on battery

the gpu is not for gaming so be sure to put settings on medium at the maximum resolution the laptop display can give and see how hard you can push and how the fps respond, do you use fraps or msi afterburner to see fps count?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
that game depends a bit more on the gpu than on the cpu

how good the gta v runs? that game depends more on the cpu than on the gpu, expect the same or a better fps on that game than on gta v

btw, yes, that is not a gaming laptop, is more a productivity laptop, with big battery and long duration on battery

the gpu is not for gaming so be sure to put settings on medium at the maximum resolution the laptop display can give and see how hard you can push and how the fps respond, do you use fraps or msi afterburner to see fps count?

Solution

Rachit_M

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Thank you for your reply.
GTA 5 runs pretty good with good rate of FPS.
I totally agree that it's not a gaming laptop nor has a good performance.
Btw I use Fraps for the FPS count.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
since you know what you have and you are happy with the fps you get, i think you will be happy with that game, it is not a very fast game(when compared to cs go), so a 60fps more or less should give you a great experience playing it

for your next laptop, try to get a 4 cores cpu, that 2 cores can be a big limiting factor, the 940 is slow so middle settings on that game to get good fps, play with video settings until you get the desired results

arpitsri

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I think u can run it pretty well, I usually play it on GTX 750ti on all settings MAX except texture quality set to medium as on high and ultra it demands more than 2GB of VRAM but other than that this game will probably run well on your Laptop.