[SOLVED] Can i run read dead redemption 2 on my laptop

noob52

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
So recently the requirements for red dead redemption 2 were released by rockstar and im in between the minimum and recommended requirements for pretty much everything i have an asus rog with an i7-7700hq gtx1060 3gb 12 gb of ram ive also put my specs in to one of those sites that compares you specs to the requirements aof the game and tells you what performance you can expect at different settings the site said i could expect 55 fps at very high settings 1080p but im not sure how much stock i should put in that and would really appreciate the opinion of an actual person. I apologize for my ignorance 😂

Solution
The game will run fine but you will very likely have to lower graphics settings since you have the weaker GTX 1060 3GB version. You should really be more concerned with whether you have enough hard drive capacity to to install the game because some installers require a third to double the actual installed size of the game. You may also want to upgrade to a higher capacity SSD if you have a small one so you can make the game run smoother. RDR2 has terrible load times on 5400rpm drives in console.
The game will run fine but you will very likely have to lower graphics settings since you have the weaker GTX 1060 3GB version. You should really be more concerned with whether you have enough hard drive capacity to to install the game because some installers require a third to double the actual installed size of the game. You may also want to upgrade to a higher capacity SSD if you have a small one so you can make the game run smoother. RDR2 has terrible load times on 5400rpm drives in console.

Solution