[SOLVED] Can I SLI two ASUS Strix gtx 1080's with different gbps?

Viralology

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2015
Bit of a weird question but would I beable to sli my

ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 OC edition 8GB 11Gbps GDDR5X

with a normal

ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG

and do you guys think it would be worth it? I have a friend (who lives in another state) offering his card for 170 to me.

*I do have a ryzen 3700x cpu so I'm not worried about bottleneck

Solution
Sure, you should be able to SLI these GPUs. Since many games/apps don't take advantage of SLI, its value is questionable.

To use in SLI, you also need to consider the heat and power aspects of using. You may have to upgrade your PSU and will generate more heat and noise. Just things to keep in mind.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sure, you should be able to SLI these GPUs. Since many games/apps don't take advantage of SLI, its value is questionable.

To use in SLI, you also need to consider the heat and power aspects of using. You may have to upgrade your PSU and will generate more heat and noise. Just things to keep in mind.

Reactions: Viralology
Solution

Viralology

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2015

Alrighty cool, thank you for the response. Yeah PSU would need an upgrade aswell.