can i stream with this Setup?

cdgamerz

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
i have an i5 7400 3.0GHZ
EVGA GTX 1070 8GB
8GB DDr4 2400MHZ
i am looking to stream in 720p60 with the X264 preset on OBS, if i can't, what should i use? (i already have this PC)

Solution
I would try the settings specified in this video (note it's streaming 30 FPS): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/172673756 Also, you need to remember that your stream won't look as bad to the viewers as it will to you, since you're probably used to seeing the game itself, which is lossless quality. Unless it's extremely grainy, I'd stick with NVENC. Perhaps you can record something/stream something and send me the link?
First: I would advise an immediate RAM upgrade. 16GB is quite the necessity when running a streaming application along with the game.

Second: You MAY be able to eliminate quite a bit of stress on that CPU if you go for H264/NVENC. NVENC uses the GPU to encode instead of the CPU, and though it is of a little lower quality, the gap can easily be made up with bitrate. What games will you be playing?

cdgamerz

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
i honestly have no idea because i've seen streams on youtube and on twitch with the same setup or with a GTX 1060, and they stream with a perfectly clear stream with no pixelation. so they must be using the X264 preset to stream cause the nvec preset is always pixelated.

Have you tried streaming with NVENC, and if so, what settings? My friend streams at 900p 60 FPS and it looks crystal clear with NVENC, CBR 4500 (I think it was.)

X264 WILL get you the better image quality, but again, your CPU may underperform while streaming.

I would try the settings specified in this video (note it's streaming 30 FPS): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/172673756 Also, you need to remember that your stream won't look as bad to the viewers as it will to you, since you're probably used to seeing the game itself, which is lossless quality. Unless it's extremely grainy, I'd stick with NVENC. Perhaps you can record something/stream something and send me the link?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS