Can I Swap Out My Optiplex 960 Mobo For Another? [Solved]

LandoB

Commendable
Aug 9, 2017
Hi recently I was looking into upgrading my cpu, mobo, and ram. I was just wondering could I remove the motherboard in my optiplex 960 and put in the following motherboard https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157733&ignorebbr=1
If there's anyone who could let me know that would be greatly appreciated and also would I be better off with a new case instead?

Solution
From what I can tell by Google, the case doesn't use standard ATX mounting hole positions. Some Dell desktops use proprietary front panel connectors as well, though I couldn't tell about that by now. Anyway, A new case would seem to be in order.
From what I can tell by Google, the case doesn't use standard ATX mounting hole positions. Some Dell desktops use proprietary front panel connectors as well, though I couldn't tell about that by now. Anyway, A new case would seem to be in order.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

New CPU, motherboard, RAM.
Might as well toss in a new case and PSU.

Far, far easier than trying to make that old Dell thing work.

LandoB

Commendable
Aug 9, 2017
Thank you for the responses and letting me know, I knew there was something a little weird with the motherboard placement as it doesnt mirror other setups that are non-dell.