Question Can I turn my aRGB fan lights on/off at a predefined time of day?

quiffboy

Prominent
Jun 30, 2023
I currently have 4 case fans and 1 cpu fan - all Arctic P12 aRGB fans - controlled by a Razer Chroma controller.

I have used Chroma Studio within Razer Synapse to create a simple light setup I really like:

But I don't want the lights on all the time. Ideally I'd like the lights off during the day, and on in the evening (the PC is turned on most hours of the day).

The Synapse software gives you a handy toggle switch called "Brightness" which acts like a master switch for the fan lights, and I can do this manually using a couple of mouse clicks, but I wondered if I could automate it somehow?

I was looking to see if the Chroma API exposed this setting as something I could hook into, but I can't work out of that's a dead-end or I'm too dumb to figure it out.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
If the "toggle switch" (BRIGHTNESS) is some consistent series of keyboard/mouse actions you may be able to record a macro.

The main requirement being that the mouse movement(s) go to switch and force the toggle.

And then use Task Scheduler to launch that macro at the desired time.

Another way would be to simple disable and enable Chroma API at the required/desired times. However that would likely toggle everything "Chroma" off.

quiffboy

Prominent
Jun 30, 2023
Toggling everything chroma on and off is fine as all I have are those fans. I just cant work out how access this toggle via their api.

I did think about an auto hotkey macro but it feels unreliable and a more intrusive than I’d prefer.