[SOLVED] Can I turn on Prime B550-plus motherboard without CPU?

mohsenz200

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
Hi guys,
I've recently bought an Asus Prime B550-plus motherboard. I also have other components like ram, GPU, PSU and SSD drive.
I just don't have cpu yet but I want to test the motherboard and PSU to find out if they work fine.
So I've connected everythin and when I plug in the PSU cable and turn on there power button on the back of the PSU, the motherboard led turns on.
But when I push the power button on the case, nothing happens. I mean nothing. Even the case fan does not start spinning.
That is why I'm worried that either motherboard or the PSU is broken.
I have an old gigabyte ddr3 motherboard that turns on without a cpu for a second. All the fans start spinning and then it keeps restarting.
So please help me to figure out if there is any problem with my new system.
I should add that power sw is connected correctly and I know that my motherboard doesn't support bios flashback. I just want to check PSU and motherboard.
Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
I've recently bought an Asus Prime B550-plus motherboard. I also have other components like ram, GPU, PSU and SSD drive.
I just don't have cpu yet but I want to test the motherboard and PSU to find out if they work fine.
So I've connected everythin and when I plug in the PSU cable and turn on there power button on the back of the PSU, the motherboard led turns on.
But when I push the power button on the case, nothing happens. I mean nothing. Even the case fan does not start spinning.
That is why I'm worried that either motherboard or the PSU is broken.
I have an old gigabyte ddr3 motherboard that turns on without a cpu for a second. All the fans start spinning and then it keeps restarting.
So please help me to figure out if there is any problem with my new system.
I should add that power sw is connected correctly and I know that my motherboard doesn't support bios flashback. I just want to check PSU and motherboard.
Thanks in advance.
You could probably update the bios without the CPU and RAM installed, I think this is common on newer AMD and Intel boards, but nothing else would work.

Reactions: mohsenz200