Question Can I undervolt my RTX 2060 in order for it to run using a 500w psu?

Jan 2, 2020
I would like to upgrade to a future proof gpu but I would not like to upgrade my psu yet. Is this a viable and possible option? Thanks!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's a TT Smart 500w 80+ and the older TT TR2 500w 80+. Both are junk. Sorry, just being blunt. Neither of those units I'd trust to power a grandma pc with no discrete gpu, just a igpu on the cpu. The Smart is better than the TR2, but neither I'd put faith in to be heavy duty enough to handle the instant stress that gpus can apply. Both built with seriously substandard parts.

It'll work, or I should say it shouldn't have any issues working, but I'd be looking at a replacement with a decent quality psu of 550w, before you start having power issues, which will invariably happen sooner or later.

Reactions: stej3k
Jan 2, 2020
There's a TT Smart 500w 80+ and the older TT TR2 500w 80+. Both are junk. Sorry, just being blunt. Neither of those units I'd trust to power a grandma pc with no discrete gpu, just a igpu on the cpu. The Smart is better than the TR2, but neither I'd put faith in to be heavy duty enough to handle the instant stress that gpus can apply. Both built with seriously substandard parts.

It'll work, or I should say it shouldn't have any issues working, but I'd be looking at a replacement with a decent quality psu of 550w, before you start having power issues, which will invariably happen sooner or later.
Thanks for the reply! Haha okay, duly noted. Any brand recommendations? Which one is the most reliable?