[SOLVED] Can I upgrade my prebuilt?

talag

Reputable
Oct 17, 2017
Right now i'm running a Lenovo legion t530 prebuilt.

It says that the motherboard is a 36E7. But I can't find any information as to what fits.

I was thinking about upgrading my CPU to a ryzen 3600x,

Solution
I checked and I it's a b360 socket. Is there any intel cpu's close to the power of the ryzen 3600x? which are also compatible with a b360 socket, of course.
B360 is chipset, not socket. That's your reper to what CPU might be compatible. In cases like that you can research it yourself. Pick any Intel compatible MB with b360 chipset and see what CPUs are compatible with it, most of the time all MBs with particular chipset would have same CPU socket and compatible CPUs.
This one for instance
which should make it compatible with 8th and 9th Intel generation of CPUs.
Problem is that it's a prebuilt from Lenovo and may have limited...
I checked and I it's a b360 socket. Is there any intel cpu's close to the power of the ryzen 3600x? which are also compatible with a b360 socket, of course.
B360 is chipset, not socket. That's your reper to what CPU might be compatible. In cases like that you can research it yourself. Pick any Intel compatible MB with b360 chipset and see what CPUs are compatible with it, most of the time all MBs with particular chipset would have same CPU socket and compatible CPUs.
This one for instance
which should make it compatible with 8th and 9th Intel generation of CPUs.
Problem is that it's a prebuilt from Lenovo and may have limited BIOS precluding some CPUs to be compatible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution