Question Can i upgrade the lenovo a12-9800

Barneyneedshelp

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Basically as the title...

My father bought this for me as a Gaming laptop until i can afford a better pc or laptop (had to sell my old Ryzen 3600x with my rTX2080 super :'(

It is a refurbished Lenovo ThinkPad with R7 integrated and it is an a12-9800B ... i realised i cant afford anything better for ... quite a while... can i upgrade the RAM at all, because i know the r7 pulls from the available RAM for the VRAM right? and the 8gig is the only thing letting it down?

The shader is 512mb it can play quite a few games without burning but i miss my AC Valhalla and similar speccd games lol

Thank you

where do i find that?

Do you see this label at the bottom of the laptop?

ht102948_2_20181105073924214.png

Barneyneedshelp

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
it has no barcode (or model) info on the bottom. my father got it from ebay as a refurb direct from IBM and i cant make heads or tails of the very tiny smallprint info on the battery

basically they removed the info you are asking for by the looks of it

But you say i can upgrade it? so all i need to do is take it to someone who knows what thye are doing i guess?

Last edited:
it has no barcode (or model) info on the bottom. my father got it from ebay as a refurb direct from IBM and i cant make heads or tails of the very tiny smallprint info on the battery

basically they removed the info you are asking for by the looks of it

No big deal, you can see the hardware info by using this popular app :

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

The motherboard's P/N should be usable too.