[SOLVED] Can I use a 2xSata to 8-pin together with a 6-pin connector

Oct 22, 2019
I recently received a GTX 760 from a friend, problem is, my Corsair VS400 only has a 6-pin connector and the card needs 6-pin + 8 pin connectors, i saw some adapters that turn 2 sata connectors into one 8-pin pci, can i use it WITH my 6-pin connector or that only works when it's alone in a 8-pin gpu? and nope, unfornately i can't buy another psu

Solution
That is a very bad idea, and a great way to burn down your system and potentially your house.
The only kind of PCIe adapter safe to use is two 6 pin to a single 8 pin.

Your power supply is not up to the task of running a 760, youll have to buy a new one.
That is a very bad idea, and a great way to burn down your system and potentially your house.
The only kind of PCIe adapter safe to use is two 6 pin to a single 8 pin.

Your power supply is not up to the task of running a 760, youll have to buy a new one.

Solution
Oct 22, 2019
So no way of that working? like my cpu is a Pentium so my power usage is very very low so i thought maybe it could handle the 760 without much problem, like it's a 400w psu and i'm barely using 120w without gpu

Oct 22, 2019
Watch the language
well a 8-pin can draw up to 150w and a sata can go up to 54w, so 54x2 = 108w, if the 6-pin can provide 75w at 183w it should be able to power a 120w card no?, i mean if the 8-pin uses more than 108w it would ** the psu but otherwise it should be ok?

well a 8-pin can draw up to 150w and a sata can go up to 54w, so 54x2 = 108w, if the 6-pin can provide 75w at 183w it should be able to power a 120w card no?, i mean if the 8-pin uses more than 108w it would ** the psu but otherwise it should be ok?
If you search the forums, or elsewhere online, you will see plenty of Molex or SATA adapters melted, shorted, or otherwise burned from this exact scenario.
The quality and use of these "adapters" is terrible at best.

Only choice to use the gtx760 is to upgrade PSU.

The vs400 is a very old and poor model. Couple that with adapters that are generally a bad idea, and you have your self a hazard.

View: https://imgur.com/KpFmVJo

This happened to me the other day when i used an adapter.

Result?

Fire, dead adapter, a dead 2tb hdd, and a smokey smell that lingered.

Imagine what would have hapoened if i wasnt next to it to turn the psu off in time?

This was a sata to molex which is generally concidered safer than a sata to pcie adapter.