Can I use a 350W/600VA UPS for my PC, monitor and modem?

Apr 9, 2018
As you read the title I basically want to buy a 600VA 350W UPS that can support all those devices. My PC has an i5 7400 and rx480 GPU with a 650W PSU and 3 1tb drives, plus RGB mouse and red backlight keyboard. I also wanna know what happens when you exceed the 350W the ups offers you. Thanks

Solution
You will basically shorten run time.
Your system should not exceed 250w, so it will be fine and not be an issue when it comes to using it (vs the ups rejecting to work cause of "overload" detected), but you might not get more than a few min of runtime before it will run out of juice.

Dont recommend to run it on battery anyway (beyond saving/closing software and shutting down), as all simulated sine wave ups tend to kill psus a lot faster.

If you can, go for the 850VA cyberpower real-sine-wave ups (they have white lcds vs blue backlight).
Check around and even look at the bigger ones of same type, as they sometimes are cheaper when on sale.
The 850 will give you around 10-20min runtime, and about 2min under full load (500w), so even...

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
You will basically shorten run time.
Your system should not exceed 250w, so it will be fine and not be an issue when it comes to using it (vs the ups rejecting to work cause of "overload" detected), but you might not get more than a few min of runtime before it will run out of juice.

Dont recommend to run it on battery anyway (beyond saving/closing software and shutting down), as all simulated sine wave ups tend to kill psus a lot faster.

If you can, go for the 850VA cyberpower real-sine-wave ups (they have white lcds vs blue backlight).
Check around and even look at the bigger ones of same type, as they sometimes are cheaper when on sale.
The 850 will give you around 10-20min runtime, and about 2min under full load (500w), so even any future upgrades wont be an issue.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/353891/PFC_Series_850VA_UPS_w-_LCD,_AVR,_10-Outlets,_USB-Serial_Ports_-_RJ45-Coax_Protection

Solution