Can I use a dual 4-pin to 8-pin converter to power up my RX480?

Slashdraw

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Hello everyone. I have 2 things to ask, and i would really appreciate if you could answer them for me.

First off, my buddy and i have gotten ourselves an XFX RX480 8GB. However, the cards need an 8-pin in order to connect to the PSU. So the first thing i want to ask is, my buddy's PSU only has 4-pin connectors available (the flat ones that are in a line). Can he use a dual 4-pin to 8-pin converter in order to power his GPU?

The second thing i wanna ask is for me, my PSU has a 6+2 pin connector. I can safely use that to connect it to my 8-pin GPU, correct?

I will be grateful if you could answer my questions!

Solution
In general if your PSU does not have the proper connectors it can't handle what your adding.
For your question they made the connectors 6+2 pin so they will work for either 6 pin or 8 pin so yes that is what it's made for.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
In general if your PSU does not have the proper connectors it can't handle what your adding.
For your question they made the connectors 6+2 pin so they will work for either 6 pin or 8 pin so yes that is what it's made for.

Solution

Latest posts