[SOLVED] Can I use G.SkillF3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ in ASUS M5A78L-M?

jeffreyropp

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
My AM3 motherboard appears to have died and I may pickup an AM3+ motherboard as a replacement.
I've verified that it supports my current CPU, but I'm not sure about reusing the RAM.

Can I use G.SkillF3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ in ASUS M5A78L-M?

Thanks!

Solution
The G.Skill SKU you've parsed is for a 4GB kit. In this day and age, you're going to struggle with 4GB of ram. You should be looking for a 2x8GB DDR3-1600MHz 1.65v ram kit. To answer the thread's question, yes the ram will work but you're wasting your resources dropping money on the ram kit you've parsed above. You should pick up the board alone and perhaps the dual channel ram kit I've stated above.

Lutfij

Titan
The G.Skill SKU you've parsed is for a 4GB kit. In this day and age, you're going to struggle with 4GB of ram. You should be looking for a 2x8GB DDR3-1600MHz 1.65v ram kit. To answer the thread's question, yes the ram will work but you're wasting your resources dropping money on the ram kit you've parsed above. You should pick up the board alone and perhaps the dual channel ram kit I've stated above.

Reactions: jeffreyropp
Solution

jeffreyropp

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Thanks @Lutfij - I already own 2 kits for a total of 8GB - just trying to use what I already have.

Reactions: SamirD