[SOLVED] can i use graphics(on board) to play games and let graphic card to encoder record or streaming?

Jan 17, 2022
i just want to know that if i put another graphic card but i still using onboard, the pc can detect or not?

Solution
Most motherboards as far as I know allow both the integrated GPU and a video card to be used at the same time. However, the default option may be to use the video card only if it's detected. You'll have to go into your motherboard's UEFI settings (usually by pressing DEL, F2, or F12 on boot until it gets there, or you can do it through Windows in Settings -> Update and Security -> Recovery -> Restart Now -> Troubleshooting -> Advanced -> UEFI Settings). Each manufacturer's UEFI settings is laid out differently, but poke around enough until you see an option for which graphics you want to use.

That'll be the only hurdle. Once you have both up and running, Windows will typically use the GPU connected to the primary monitor to render...
Jan 17, 2022
r
In a typical PC, when you install a stand alone GPU, the on-board one will be disabled. This assumes that the GPU you install is working properly.

What are the specs for your system (make/model of all installed components)?
ryzen 5 3400g vega 11 (on) graphic card that trys to put is gt 710

Most motherboards as far as I know allow both the integrated GPU and a video card to be used at the same time. However, the default option may be to use the video card only if it's detected. You'll have to go into your motherboard's UEFI settings (usually by pressing DEL, F2, or F12 on boot until it gets there, or you can do it through Windows in Settings -> Update and Security -> Recovery -> Restart Now -> Troubleshooting -> Advanced -> UEFI Settings). Each manufacturer's UEFI settings is laid out differently, but poke around enough until you see an option for which graphics you want to use.

That'll be the only hurdle. Once you have both up and running, Windows will typically use the GPU connected to the primary monitor to render games on and you can tell your recording/streaming software to use the video card.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
If you have a low-VRAM GPU, you can also use Windows Graphics settings page to steer applications (ex.: web browsers) onto the IGP to conserve GPU memory while still allowing hardware acceleration.

BTW, the Ryzen 3400G's IGP is about 3X as fast as the GT710, so you should only use the GT710 if you need extra video outputs.

Jan 17, 2022
If you have a low-VRAM GPU, you can also use Windows Graphics settings page to steer applications (ex.: web browsers) onto the IGP to conserve GPU memory while still allowing hardware acceleration.

BTW, the Ryzen 3400G's IGP is about 3X as fast as the GT710, so you should only use the GT710 if you need extra video outputs.
ty so much for advice sir

Jan 17, 2022

That'll be the only hurdle. Once you have both up and running, Windows will typically use the GPU connected to the primary monitor to render games on and you can tell your recording/streaming software to use the video card.
ok i gnna try it thank sir