Can i use laptops Dvd to install it my desktop? (via ethernet)

blueprp

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
My desktop doesn't have a dvd reader. So i will use laptop, then connect two pc's together with ethernet cable.

After this, can i choose to install my dvd content to the dekstop? Is this possible in any way?

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

Do you use this to install software? What software you need to install?What you mean is you want to connect the computer using LAN so that you can use your LAptop DVD? If this you want you need to configure first your both computer to share it. You can use this to install software using the network computer. But if it is use to install OS it is very difficult. I suggest to use USB tools if you want to install Windows 10

blueprp

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

I will install a pc game. Which is 4 huge dvd. So i don't want to make them iso and copy paste. I don't even know if dvd will let me copy it atm. I don't have it now.

So is this possible? I think you are saying that right?

blueprp

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

Yea but i am a bit lazy when it comes to building a pc(hardware) you know and i never use DVD at all. Thats the main reason. In last 5 years this is the first time i will use one. And its because they are hugh 4 dvd's. And downloading everything is a bit problematic for me. :p.

blueprp

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Also i just tried this with a 500 mb cd. It seems i can copy and open it. But the thing is its so slow. When i open cd from laptop its 2 mb ps. When i open it from desktop (copy paste) its 300 kb ps. But if i copy something else from my laptop to desktop its 3-5 mb ps or higher. Don't know why.